From OpenCaching NA
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 04:38, 26 August 2010 by Ijeep (Created page with "It's easy to get started, just follow these simple steps: # Register for an account at http://www.opencaching.us (It's free!) # Click "Seek A Cache" from the menu #* Set your se...")
It's easy to get started, just follow these simple steps:
- Register for an account at http://www.opencaching.us (It's free!)
- Click "Seek A Cache" from the menu
- Set your search criteria or leave the defaults
- Enter your zip code and select a radius distance
- Click Search!
- Choose 1, 2 or all of the geocaches shown in your search results
- Enter the coordinates into your GPS or software (GSAK, etc.)
- Find the cache! Sign the logbook, trade trinkets, etc.
- Once found, return to this site and log your find.
Feel free to ask questions! Any question, no matter how simple or strange, is OK to ask.
- Find a friend to go geocaching with you!
- Don't have a GPS yet? Need geocaching supplies? Visit http://RVRoadTrip.us/geostore.asp
- Always take a pen or pencil with you.
- If you want to trade trinkets, take some with you. The accepted rule is if you take something, you must leave something.
- Mark your vehicle as a waypoint so you can easily get back to it!
- Leave the geocache just as you found it.
- Make sure the public (aka muggles) doesn't see you retrieve or hide the cache.
- Be safe... watch for critters, snakes, bugs, sharp objects, dangerous areas, etc.
- Be sure to carry extra batteries, water to drink, etc.